August 5, 2008

Get up, Stand up!

Monday morning after hearing Charlie stirring, I went to get him and found this:

(Actually the photo is a recreation of what I saw that morning...I really don't keep my camera around my neck 24/7!) I knew it was bound to happen! He's been pulling up for awhile. The funny thing is, he stands up, but he doesn’t know how to get back down…lol. I'll put him down for a nap and then hear him wail like he's hurt himself. When I get to his room, I'll find him standing in his bed, gripping the sides of the crib and hanging on for dear life.

So I spent part of Monday afternoon lowering the mattress in his crib, lowering the bed part of the pack-n-play in the living room, and also finally installing the foam bumpers on the fireplace hearth. I’ve also put a few electrical outlet covers on here and there. The living room is pretty safe, so we usually blockade him in there. I just have to watch that he doesn't crawl behind the couch and get the lamp cords. Now if he could just figure out how to go from crawling to sitting, he'd have it made!

**********
P.S. Don't forget about the book giveaway! I'll leave these up for a week or so and then put the next batch up. If you still see the book on Flickr, I still have it.

No comments: