May 11, 2007

A post I wrote before creating the blog...

So, the two most popular questions that people ask me are “How are you feeling?!” and “Are you excited?!” I think that people are culturally conditioned to think that they must ask pregnant women these questions. Which on one hand, I’m glad that people care. I try to always act nice and appreciative of their concern. On the other hand, I don’t know if I can stand another six months of the same questions… It’s especially difficult because I really haven’t had any physical symptoms that I can conversationally complain about… And about being excited, well, it’s just that it doesn’t feel like anything has really changed yet. So, I don’t want to lie and say “No, I’m not really excited” so I just say “Yes, but it doesn’t feel real yet” or something like that. Hopefully as it becomes more real to me, I won't feel like I'm constantly faking politeness or bubbly excitement.

No comments: