November 5, 2008

One year ago today...

Charlie was due! Actually at that point, he was just “Baby” because we didn’t know if it was a Charlie or a [insert girl name here]. All last summer, I remember looking forward to the first cold snap because I knew that it would have to get cold before the baby would come. That’s some of my “crazy logic.” When that first blustery fall day finally arrived, I remember thinking “Alright, let’s get this show on the road!” Then of course it promptly got hot again.

It's another stormy fall day as I sit here planning Charlie's first birthday party this weekend. We are celebrating early, since the official day is next Wednesday. It’ll be a low-key affair with family. It's astounding to think about how much he's grown and developed this year. Every day he has a new trick to show us. And part of me is just so grateful that we've both made it this far in one piece!

No comments: