May 29, 2008

Six (and a half) Month Check-up

Charlie had a great six month check-up last week. He weighs in at 20.5 lbs and is 25 ½ inches long. This is the same length as his last check-up, so I attribute it to having a different nurse measure him because surely he’s grown a little in two months? Anyway, we had a good visit, but I was worried the whole time that Charlie would lose it and become inconsolable. He’s done that a couple times when he’s sleepy, and the only solution I’ve found was to get him in the car so he can go to sleep or get him home and swaddled.

I tried to time the doctor visit perfectly—we had a late afternoon appointment, and Charlie had a bottle right before we were called back, which usually gives us at least 30 minutes of guaranteed alert time. Well, we were seeing a PA, and not his normal doctor who gets us right in and right out, so the whole visit ended up taking about an hour. And even though I worried about him throwing a fit, he did great throughout the wait and the shots.

As soon as we were back in the car, Charlie was O-U-T. I took the opportunity to pick up Dave from work, and we went out to eat. Dinner was wonderful. It’s been a long time since I really appreciated getting to go out to eat!

No comments: