May 5, 2008

Charlie goes to the lake


In my ideal world, that rosy place in my head, I’ve planned to take Charlie on a walk each morning. It would be so easy and convenient—-we live next to a lake with extensive walking trails. In fact, the sidewalk outside our neighborhood connects to the trails. But the truth is that we haven’t made a morning walk yet. I’m blaming it on the weather. We really have had a few chilly/windy mornings, but it’s getting nicer and warmer every day, so I won’t be able to use that excuse much longer.

We seized the opportunity this weekend, though. The house was clean; Dave was grocery shopping; so Charlie and I made a break for it. It was wonderful! The sky was clear with just a slight chill in the air. We walked for almost two hours (there was a lot of stopping, and I was truly strolling). I think Charlie enjoyed it. He usually falls asleep in the stroller, but he stayed awake the whole time we were walking. He did get a little fussy on the way back to the car, but he was justified since it was almost bottle time.

No comments: