August 15, 2007

The Sweater


Before getting pregnant, I thought I’d have all of these cute little outfits knitted and ready to go when the baby came. Well…that’s not how things have turned out... After getting pregnant, all of the things that I thought mattered (creating the neatest nursery, buying lots of baby stuff, having everything just perfect, etc…) didn’t matter anymore. But I have made a few things.

The first item I made was a sweater. I think it's fitted for 18-24 months, so we'll have awhile before Baby can wear this. I had originally started making this as a Christmas present for my niece. Well, turns out I couldn’t knit as fast as she grew. So, then I planned to give it to a friend’s daughter who would be turning 1 year old in the next spring. Well, I didn't make that deadline either. So, I just kept working on it. Like Mom said, it’s not bad for a first attempt. It was certainly a lesson in how to follow a pattern. And I had to “frog” (“rip-it rip-it”) sections on more than one occasion. The seaming is sketchy, but hopefully not immediately noticeable.

No comments: